FAI 2.8.1 released

Wed May 4 11:01:31 CEST 2005

Sarge is now frozen and FAI 2.8.1 was released!

Some days agao, I released a new version of FAI. First, many thanks to
Diego Biurrun who send me a lot of corrections for typos in the FAI
guide. This work is as important as writing code but only few people
are doing it. FAI now also includes french translations of the debconf
data. Thanks again for this patch. Thanks also to all the helpful guys
for testing and patching FAI 2.8.1, and for all help on IRC #fai. I'm
very new to IRC but it's proven to be very useful for me.

I now implemented CVS commit mail support. If you are interested in
commit mails for the fai and fai-kernels sources, send an email to
fai at informatik.uni-koeln.de an I will add you to the list. Currently
you can't subscribe yourself to this internal list.

New in FAI 2.8.1

    - minor bug fixes
    - added $COLOR_FAI_LOGO which is off unless doing initial
      installations
    - added german and french translation of the debconf templates
    - task sysinfo mounts the local partitions read only
    - move some classes from 10-base-classes to the new script
      50-host-classes
    - fixed a lot of typos in the fai guide