sfdisk troubles while tyrin to install ubuntu hoary with FAI

Henning Sprang henning_fai at gmx.de
Thu Mar 3 10:44:49 CET 2005

> On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 08:32:03PM +0100, henning_fai at gmx.de wrote:
> manual workaround: use fdisk manually and clean the partition table, then
> retry installing.

Cleaning means my data get lost, right? That's what i wanted not to happen,
i actually hace some "preserve" partitions there and have not enough space
to backup right now, so this is not the preferred solution.

> was that parition table really created on the same machine, with the same
> bios settings (things like LBA come to my mind...) ?

I am 100% sure that I didn't change any disk settings in BIOS.

If at all anything changed in BIOS it's that i switched CPU Hyperthreading
into another state in BIOS, because I am having troubles with this sometimes
- some Kernels won't start with this disabled, some won't work correctly
with this enabled. Sorry, I am not sure, I'll see if the warty install works
from here without changing this, then I'd be sure.

Apart from this the only thing changed is that nfsroot and base.tgz is
another version of ubuntu, which includes that the version of util-linux
changed since the last successful install.

Henning