recursive fcopy for the complete files directory?

Henning Glawe glaweh at physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 2 08:51:10 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 10:19:56PM +0200, Henning Sprang wrote:
> Maybe I miss something, but when I rename some files
> in /usr/local/share/fai/files, I always have to change the corresponding
> script that is responsible for copying this file to it's place.
>
> Similar double-actions are required when adding or removing a file.
>
> I would rather like to do a single fcopy command that makes sure every
> file in "files" gets copied to the install client according to matching
> class definitions, so I don't have to take care of anything else then.
>
> Is something like that available? Or do I forget/oversee something which
> makes this a bad idea?

thats what fcopy's recursion code is for: I am calling

fcopy -i -r .

in scripts/DEFAULT/S01recursive_fcopy.sh, that means at the really first
scripts step (the -i sets the exitcode always to 0, because if you are doing
a recursive fcopy, the probability of some not-matching files is high).

I am using this construct for at least 3 years now, so it should be pretty
safe.

--
c u
henning