recursive fcopy for the complete files directory?

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Wed Jun 1 22:32:57 CEST 2005

> Hi,
> Maybe I miss something, but when I rename some files
> in /usr/local/share/fai/files, I always have to change the corresponding
> script that is responsible for copying this file to it's place.
>
> Similar double-actions are required when adding or removing a file.
>
> I would rather like to do a single fcopy command that makes sure every
> file in "files" gets copied to the install client according to matching
> class definitions, so I don't have to take care of anything else then.
>
> Is something like that available? Or do I forget/oversee something which
> makes this a bad idea?

There shouldn't be any problem, as long as you take care of

- the correct file modes (probably using "file-modes")
- the classes, you are using -- I personally tend to use "DEFAULT" or similar
  classes, that would catch to many hosts, in cases where I know, that my
  scripts only copy it onto the relevant hosts.

AFAIK Henning Glawe just does "fcopy -r" in one of his scripts, so it does work!

Best regards,