No subject

Tuan A. Tran tuantran167 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 19:27:51 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Finally, I was able to install FAI. I have a couple of questions about
after FAI installation. These questions are probably due to my lacking
understanding about linux administration. I am still a newbie.

1) After installation, there are no users account in clients (nodes).
I want to test lam and mpich but lam does not allow me to boot using
root. I can't add user accounts from node because NFS mount is read
only. I can change this one by adding write option in /etc/export but
it seems that it is not a prefer way. Is there any way that I can add
user account from nodes?

2) After installation, if I want to add a software in /usr/local, what
should I do so that, from a nodes, I can also run the new software?

Thanks in advance,
Tuan