Packaging as done be Henning Glawe

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Sun Jan 2 14:00:42 CET 2005

[...]
http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~glaweh/pfai/

> On a related note, I'd like software raid to be easier implemented via
> the regular partition layout and not using a hook; is this possible?
> As what I mentioned some time ago about Mr. Vilain's method.
>
> (Again I may have missed something because I don't read all the mail
> at once or in order because I just get too much of it...)

Actually, those packages have nothing what so ever to do with RAID or lvm
- BTW - has anybody got hold of Mr. Vilain's files? The were to be found
on web.archive.org, but obviously they got lost somehow...

The main point of Mr. Glawe's packages is, that the "fai" package has been
split into smaller packages with less dependencies, such that one can
install the fai-scripts on clients too (without the need to install a
NFS-server-package) - besides some other patches!!!

Regards,