problem with 2.6.6.

Wed Feb 16 16:29:25 CET 2005

    > Are you sure? I took a look at the source a few times and I couldn't
    > find some piece of code that copies or generates a /etc/resolv.conf
    > file. So it will be always missing, IMO.

On the install clients the task confdir calls the script create_resolv_conf
(/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/usr/lib/fai/create_resolv_conf) which creates
a resolv.conf during the installation.

For creating the nfsroot on the install server you should normally
include the IP address of the ftp or NFS server into the variable
$NFSROOT_ETC_HOSTS. Then you do not need a resolv.conf during the
make-fai-nfsroot call. Does this solve the problem?