rdate

Nicolas Triantafillou nick at uow.edu.au
Mon Feb 14 04:29:29 CET 2005

Hi all,

I'm installing some machines in a lab where I don't have
control over the firewall, and during install it hangs on
'Calling task_setup' - where the error which follows it about
3 minutes later is: 'rdate: connect: connection timed out' -
seems it's being blocked, but I don't know what to tell the
firewall guys what to open up.

anyone know if i can configure this somewhere? we have a local
rdate server I can use. I cant seem to find anything in the
archives/doco. (or an alternate solution if i'm heading in the
wrong direction)

ta,

Nicolas.