more than one arch in config tree?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Fri Feb 11 16:29:43 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 12:56:05PM +0100, Steffen Grunewald wrote:
> Hi,

talking to myself again :)

> anybody out there using the same configuration tree to populate more
> than one architecture? I'd like to know how you fixed (or worked around)
> the feature of dpkg-scanpackages to skip an older xyz_*_i386.deb package
> when a xyz_*_alpha.deb package with a higher version number is
> available.

Thanks to Holger who suggested a workaround (and even a proper fix,
which unfortunately would involve the setup of a regular Debian
repository).
For the time being, and while looking for a better solution, I decided
to move the Alpha-specific stuff into another directory
(files/packages.ALPHA) and add that one to /etc/apt/sources.list in the
ALPHA-dependent nfsroot (the only proper place to make such a
modification, I think).
This way one could put all _all.debs into a generic packages directory,
all _i86.debs into a i386 one, and so on. Not very nice but quite
efficient.

Cheers,
 Steffen

--