Biarch installation to amd64?

Tue Dec 6 19:26:08 CET 2005

    > Hi,
    > I'm looking for an easy (:-) solution to perform a bi-arch installation
    > on amd64: have 64 bits (with ia32-libs!) as underlying system, and
    > 32 bits in a chrooted environment (say, in /ia32-root, for openoffice
    > vmware and the like).
    > Will FAI be able to do this?
AFAIK nobidy did a FAI installation into a directory. But this is an
interesting option, since also installations for qemu or xen will need
this option. IMO it should be possible, we only have to skip the
partition task, the rest of the fai task should remain the same (also
skip kernel installation and writing grub to mbr). Most work may be
the initital part, means getting all information that are normally
received when doing network boot.