debootstrap failing ( part of fai )

Mon Dec 5 09:29:42 CET 2005

    > Question... mkdebmirror has been runing since morning ~ 8:40am (PST)
    > this morning.  It is now 10:45pm (PST) - (US/California). So we're now
    > into the 14th hour.  My link is slow(dsl 1.2 peak bursts).  I know
    > that I won't need ALL of the pkgs which a particular mirror has.  So
    > what can be tweaked with 'mkdebmirror' to ONLY download the base pkgs
    > necessary for me to install the basics and then update my fai client
    > via script, using 'apt'.  I"m assuming, that it didn't take you over

You can use fai-mirror (add -a) to create a mirror that only contains
those packages that are needed for your configuration space including
all dependencies. Using the simple examples you will need only
250Mbytes of packages. If you are using fai 2.8.4 there's one bug, so
the package grub might be missing. In fai 2.9 this will be fixed. I
can build the newest fai version for you and put it on the fai
download/developers area if you want to use the newest (betea)
version.

Mmm, I should write this option into the fai guide and the wiki.