Need modified fai-kernels_*_i386.deb

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Mon Aug 29 18:45:18 CEST 2005

> I'm having a hard time trying to guess how things work. I have an IBM
> Blade which uses a Tigon ethernet driver. I've compiled this into the
> kernel (not a module), but I don't see this driver being tried, so
> eventually the NFS mount fails and I get a kernel panic.
>
> This must be some magic file that specifies what ethernet drivers to
> try, but if I knew what it was, I've forgotten it. How do I tell the FAI
> kernel what drivers to try?
>
> What am I missing here?  TIA

Are you sure it is compiled in the kernel, i.e., did you modify the
fai-kernels-source and install the new kernel-package? Does the resulting
config-??? file contain CONFIG_??? ?

AFAIK there is no such magic file, the kernel will try all drivers. Thus
one of the above steps might be incomplete...

HTH,