fcopy for single files ?

Fabrice Pardo Fabrice.Pardo at lpn.cnrs.fr
Fri Aug 26 15:03:43 CEST 2005

Michael Tautschnig wrote:

>[...]
>
>The point is: fcopy (and all other parts of FAI too) uses classes to determine,
>which version of a file should be copied, because, e.g., /etc/hostname can't be
>the same on all hosts installed with FAI. Thus, all versions of this single file
>are kept in one directory <some_path>/fai/files/etc/hostname and fcopy
>determines, which of them has to copied to the host being set up.
>
>Consider the following example: Your hosts are "alpha" and "beta" and you want
>to copy /etc/hostname using fcopy. In that case, you need
>
><some_path>/fai/files/etc/hostname/alpha and
><some_path>/fai/files/etc/hostname/beta
>
>Then "fcopy /etc/hostname" will do the job for you.
>
>HTH,
>Michael

Thanks. It's works as I want now. I was in the bad context of something like

<some_path>/fai/files/alpha/etc/hostname

<some_path>/fai/files/beta/etc/hostname

The fcopy message could be more clear for newbees like me,
distinguishing 2 cases:
if file exists and is not a directory -> "$ps should be a directory
containing templates"
if not existent -> "inexistent directory: $ps"

Thanks again.

--
Fabrice