FAI for Debian on Solaris Sparc jumpstart server

Thu Aug 11 15:44:42 CEST 2005

    > For Solaris, I'm happy with the Jumpstart.
    > What I would like to be able to do is to add the
    > ability to network boot/install linux using the
    > Solaris jumpstart box as the boot/install server,
    > instead of building a linux box to do this.

    > That gives me one server to maintain for installing my
    > OS's.
Copy the directory from the fai-cd iso image to your solaris install
server. Then you can export the nfsroot and the config space to you
linux install clients. But you may have to edit some config files
inside the nfsroot by hand.
But it's the easiest way to set uop an install server without setting
up a Debian machine.