FAIwiki Copyrights

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Fri Aug 5 14:28:15 CEST 2005

Hi,
As Holger pointed out to me, it could prove very important, that we
define a clear copyright for the contents of the FAI wiki, to be able to
use it's contents flexibly somewhere else without trouble later.

My feeling about copyrights and intellectual property often is, that
anyway you need to be a lawyer and/or have lots of money to be sure not
to risk getting sued and losing the lawsuit. Maybe that was one of the
reasons why I didn't care about that until now.
For the FAIwiki, my reponsibility requests that  have to care more about
that, so, as it seems to be an important issue,
let's discuss here and see if we can agree on a license
the FAIwiki should run on.

As Holger pointed out it could be very complicated to even change the
copyright after people put even a bit of content in, I put a copy of as
well as a link to the creative commons 2.5 attribution license in the
copyright part of the wiki now, that enables us, even if people add
content before we finish this discussion, to use these contents under
the new license we agree on.

If nobody will comment, we stay with this license, if anybody has
comments, objections, ideas, whatever - please let's talk about it here
on the list - I welcome your feedback very much! :)

Henning