The FAI wiki is ready to be used

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Thu Aug 4 00:24:55 CEST 2005

http://faiwiki.informatik.uni-koeln.de/

Finally, after a long time of passionate waiting, the FAI wiki is ready
to be filled by your hands. I wanted to do it right, and to make sure
that you can savely store your data in it and I can be as sure as
possible that it doesn't get lost in some crash when no backup is
availabe (there IS now a backup and it _seems_ to work :) ).

I already put some first ideas about the structure of the wiki on the
main page, and will add some more, especially contents for the wiki
help, and some templates for the example classes part, as well as the
success stories.

We enforce login to edit the wiki, as we don't have time to deal with
spammers, and we hope a simple login will prevent this. The registration
mechanism is as simple as it can be - use the link on the top right of
the page, enter nickname and password, and go ahead - if you want to be
able to recover your password when it's lost, enter a valid email
address.

We have enabled uploading, so you can even upload example scripts and
classes.

The software used is mediawiki, php4, apache2 and MySQl. As well as
Debian GNU/Linux and FAI, for sure :)

I wish you lots of fun and productivity and good information sharing in
the new wiki system.

Please contact me if you have any questions or problems with the FAI
wiki.

Henning Sprang