NIS during client build

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Mon Aug 1 22:06:14 CEST 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 12:40:54PM -0700, ANDERSON RUSSELL D (ANDY) wrote:
> Yes, NIS accounts and not local accounts. I need to make sure that the uid:gid match for ownership. I don't want to hard code that info into the fai hooks/scripts.

Have a look at http://pandora.aei.mpg.de/merlin (and below that, FAI configuration).
NIS slave servers get their information from the master server, and even the
NIS master can be set up using snapshots of the NIS tables.

It's a bit tricky though... And TIMTOWTDI, as always.

Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * MPI fuer Gravitationsphysik (Albert-Einstein-Institut)
SciencePark Golm, Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam * http://www.aei.mpg.de