Addition to S01 script

Fri Apr 29 13:37:39 CEST 2005

    >> > Hi,
    >> > I had no time to check with the new versions of FAI, but had to add two
    >> > lines to the DEFAULT/S01 script (the one that installs the kernel)
    >> S01 does not exist any more. Now the kernel will be installed by just
    >> adding its name to a file in package_config directory. I assume that
    >> you need the fcopy commands before installing the kernel. If yes, you
    >> have to put these fcopy commands into a hook.

    > Ah, that's the way to go now... I will have to work my way through all
    > the changes since 2.6.3 ...

    >> > fcopy /etc/mkinitrd/mkinitrd.conf
    >> > fcopy /etc/mkinitrd/modules
    >> > Can this go into the upstream version?
    >> Is it ok to call this in a script after the software packages are
    >> installed? If yes, I can include it, but if it's needed before
    >> installing packages, you have to put it into a hook.

    > Since it has to be done *before* the kernel gets installed - but after
    > mkinitrd-tools have been unpacked - I'm not sure which hook to use...
    > Any suggestions?
Oh, that not possible. A hook called instsoft.* will be executed
before installing software packages. You can't call a hook during a
task, only before or after a task. So if you can't fcopy the config
files before installing mkinitrd-tools, your hook should fcopy the
config AND install the package mkinitrd-tools before installing the
other packages.