PXE with old network cards

Gebhardt Thomas gebhardt at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Thu Sep 30 17:37:30 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 11:16, you wrote:

Hi,

> I discovered how to used PXE boot with network cards, that don't
> support PXE boot itself. The newest version of etherboot (currently
> 5.3.9) also supports booting pxelinux that is needed in FAI. So you
> can easily create a small boot floppy (about 20k) for your NIC which
> then can do the PXE boot. Works perfectly for me.

Nice to hear that. Which of the supported image formats did you use?

Choose ROM output format:
* Floppy bootable ROM Image (.zdsk)
* Binary ROM Image(.zrom)
* ...
* PXE bootstrap loader format ROM Image (.zpxe)
* ...

There is no such thing like a "Floppy bootable PXE bootstrap Image";
so does .zdsk support PXE, too?

Thanks, Thomas