Possibly silly: FAI served from OS X?

Matthew Braun mjbraun at leydenjar.com
Mon Sep 27 03:59:32 CEST 2004

I spoke too soon; I hand-forced (just to be able to double-check what
was going to happen) the fai and fai-kernels packages just fine. The
place where I was finally stumped was running fai-setup. I bypassed the
the adduser portion (I don't really need the logging, and OS doesn't
have a native version of the adduser command) and went straight to the
"create_nfsroot" portion of fai-setup. At that point I had to give up
as I have no desire to hand-translate the script. If someone could
provide the actual command sequence run by the script, I might be able
to do basic replacements here and there. Also, I think it might be
easier if I just use http access rather than nfs (though I can do both,
although nfs configuration on OS X is a bit odd, using netinfo among
other things).

--
Today, today, each day I have waited for you.
And now do they not say you are strewn with the shells of Ishi river?