fai2.6.2, simple examples

Mon Sep 13 15:53:21 CEST 2004

    > Hi,
    > I would like to be able to build my FAICONFIGDIR upon the simple examples, in
    > other words, I would like the simple examples to be the FAI default CONFIGDIR
    > on top I can add my changes.

    > What's your opinion on that ? If you agree, I would prepare the needed patches
    > against fai2.6.2.
The simple examples are created so new FAI users can do an
installation in about one hour (hope so). They are not meant to be perfect
to a wide range of advanced FAI users. Since every FAI sysadmin has
its own special setup, it will be difficult to make some simples
examples, that fit for most users. So keep the simple examples really
as examples and manage your config directory on your own.

Also, I can't guarantee that in a new fai version, the new simples
examples will not break your setup. That'a why they are only called
examples and not "default config files".