Partitioning on SPARC [Was: Re: LVM setup hard disk]

Wed Sep 8 10:50:53 CEST 2004

    > This would probably be nice, since this would IMHO support SPARC too;
    > meanwhile I reworked your script to use fdisk - would there be any
    > public interest in such a patch?
I may have a look at the patch, but using fdisk does not solve the
problem for other architectures. We need some partition tool, that
also supports non msdos disk labels. I will not use this patch in the
official setup_harddisks, until I got a lot of user reports, that this
also work in their environment. I can't just apply the patch and maybe
then it's broken for other environment. This is a very fragile part of
FAI, so please do not expect that I will change things easyly.

Please post a link to your setup_harddisk versio to the mailling list,
and then people can test it and give feedback if it works for them.