Alpha now netbooting into FAI

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Fri Sep 3 16:38:09 CEST 2004

Hi,

this is to notify you that I eventually succeeded - I got an Alpha
Compaq XP1000 to boot into FAI sysinfo using a home-built kernel.
I had to create an initrd (although I'm not referring to it later)
because without one the SRM console would barf.
I don't fully understand what happened, but at least I've got something
to play around with next week.
Thanks to Steve Langasek who pointed me to several small but helpful
things.
Thomas: as soon as I sorted things out I'll publish a 0th version of a
FAI-on-Alpha HOWTO. I'll get back to you for some details of the probing
procedure though.

Have a nice weekend,
 Steffen

--