Installing woody with fai 2.6.3

Davide Di Giulio davide.digiulio at duet.it
Fri Oct 29 15:53:50 CEST 2004

Hi.

I have a question. I would want to install a woody client from a 2.6.3
version of fai. It is possible?

I read the thread "How to move from woody to sarge", but I have the
opposite problem. Can I define two directories
/usr/local/share/fai_[dist] and /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot_[dist] one for each
distribution?
May I use the classes (in particular 06hwdetect.source) and scripts of
version 2.6.3, or I need those of woody version (2.5.4)?

My goal is to have an install server able to install woody and sarge
dists, possibly with the last version of fai.

Thank you,
Davide.