fai-setup hangs

Paul English tallpaul at speakeasy.org
Fri Oct 22 00:24:33 CEST 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Gerald Houart wrote:

> fai-setup creates fai user, ... and makes nfsroot
> after, you can rebuild nfsroot with : make-fai-nfsroot -v (to be
> verbose)
> then try to see where it blocks

I sent a reply, but it never seemed to show up on the list. I figured out
that the problem was that I was using Konsole. I switched to xterm and now
I have a new problem:

`/etc/fai/sources.list' -> `/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/etc/apt/sources.list'
Upgrading /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot
Adding additional packages to /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot:
module-init-tools dhcp3-client ssh file rdate hwinfo portmap
bootpc rsync wget rsh-client less dump reiserfsprogs usbutils
dpkg-dev ext2resize hdparm smartmontools parted raidtools2 lvm2
dnsutils ntpdate dosfstools cfengine cvs jove xfsprogs xfsdump
sysutils dialog discover mdetect libnet-perl netcat libapt-pkg-perl
grub lilo read-edid kudzu hwtools dmidecode
E: Couldn't find package module-init-tools

Why wouldn't it be able to find that one particular package?

Paul