fai-setup hangs - new problem

Paul English tallpaul at speakeasy.org
Sun Oct 17 02:54:31 CEST 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Gerald Houart wrote:

> fai-setup creates fai user, ... and makes nfsroot
> after, you can rebuild nfsroot with : make-fai-nfsroot -v (to be
> verbose)
> then try to see where it blocks

Well, problem solved in a sense. I got the same error (installing keymap
NONE) with -v and searched the archives and discovered that there is a
problem using konsole! So I ran it in xterm and didn't have the problem
again. Now I have a new problem!

Error message:

Unpacking replacement telnet ...
Setting up telnet (0.17-18woody1) ...

Adding additional packages to /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot:
module-init-tools dhcp3-client ssh file rdate hwinfo portmap
bootpc rsync wget rsh-client less dump reiserfsprogs usbutils
dpkg-dev ext2resize hdparm smartmontools parted raidtools2 lvm2
dnsutils ntpdate dosfstools cfengine cvs jove xfsprogs xfsdump
sysutils dialog discover mdetect libnet-perl netcat libapt-pkg-perl
grub lilo read-edid kudzu hwtools dmidecode
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Couldn't find package module-init-tools
Removing `diversion of /sbin/discover-modprobe to
/sbin/discover-modprobe.distrib by fai'

It is not clear that it just ignored the module-init-tools error and went
on to complete successfully, so I assume that it failed. Can someone
confirm?

I find it odd that it is missing a package, given that I'm installing a
woody fai on a woody server.

Paul