no kernel installed on client so it refuses booting ... a little more

Henning Glawe glaweh at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sat Oct 9 10:40:31 CEST 2004

On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 11:26:33AM +1000, Nicolas Triantafillou wrote:
> scripts/DEFAULT/S01 has:
>
> fcopy /etc/kernel-img.conf
>
> this should be happening by itself? check out your files/etc/kernel-img.conf
>
> the hook shouldn't be needed.

you need to have a valid kernerl-img.conf installed _before_ installing the
kernel, so a hook is needed if you install the kernel by the "normal"
package_config stuff (which is IMO more transparent than the $addpackages
mechanism used in the "simple" FAI example) because scripts/*/* is run
_after_ installing the packages. Our configuration works this way, and so
seems Holger's:

p.s. Nicolas, please http://learn.to/quote

--
c u