SCSI vs. IDE detection

Justin Beckley jbeckley at denshi.ece.utk.edu
Tue Mar 23 21:47:41 CET 2004

Hello Everyone,

I have just gotten started with FAI.  We are going to be using to
install many different types of machines.  Some of these machines have
SCSI drives and some have IDE only.  Right now I have an installation
that works for one type of drives, but not the other.  I can easily
change which type of drive it is and that fixes the problem, but that is
a hassle.  I would like to know if anyone has found a good way to let
the system decide if it is SCSI or IDE, and based on that decision
figure out which drives to partition?

Justin Beckley