Installation stops when S01 is invoked

Oliver Osburg osburg at coling.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jun 25 08:51:48 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 09:56:38AM +0200, Jan Marquardt wrote:
> Hi,
> I just found out where exactly the questions appear.
> The questions appear while my own kernel-package is installed by the script.
> Is there any possibility to tell dpkg that it doesn't have to ask?

Hm. You may have been bitten by the following bug:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=DEBIAN_FRONTEND%3Dnoninteractive&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=20020201232808.179ff0c4.dancer%40netfort.gr.jp&rnum=3

by setting DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive all should run fine, at least
with "dpkg -y --force-yes" which is a bit rough, but does the trick.

To get more debug info, set the verbose mode in the beginning of the rc
script.

regards,

Oliver

--