Install-Client with Kernel 2.4.24

Jan Marquardt jm at artfiles.de
Fri Jun 18 16:35:10 CEST 2004

Hello list,
I want to install a machine with a 2.4.24-Kernel, but I am not able to
get it running.
I downloaded the fai-kernels-Package (version 1.6) from debian.org and
followed the introductions in the README-file, but when I boot the
client, there is no harddisk detected.
The mainboard uses a VIA-IDE-controller. The appendant driver is
integrated as a module in the kernel. If I try to load the module
manually after boot with insmod i get the following messages:

sh-2.05a# insmod via82cxxx.o
via82cxxx.o: unresolved symbol ide_setup_dma
via82cxxx.o: unresolved symbol ide_pci_unregister_driver
via82cxxx.o: unresolved symbol noautodma
via82cxxx.o: unresolved symbol system_bus_clock
via82cxxx.o: unresolved symbol ide_pci_register_driver
via82cxxx.o: unresolved symbol ide_config_drive_speed
via82cxxx.o: unresolved symbol ide_pci_register_host_proc
via82cxxx.o: unresolved symbol ide_setup_pci_device

With the 2.2.20-Kernel from fai-kernels-Package (version 1.2),
everything worked fine.

Is anybody able to help me? I hope so, because I'm becoming desperate.

Regards,

Jan