No /usr/share/doc/fai/examples/simple/ directory

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca
Tue Jan 27 00:02:02 CET 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Keith Edmunds wrote:

> I'm installing FAI on a Debian stable system, and I'm following the
> instructions at
> http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/fai-guide.html/ch-inst.html
	The version of FAI on stable is outdated -- it is 2.3.1.
For this version you can use /usr/share/doc/fai/examples/ for some
templates or /usr/share/fai/templates/ for extended ones. (I believe the
ones in /usr/share/doc/fai/examples/simple/ are taken from the templates
directory.)

	You are probably better off getting the latest FAI. It seems to
work okay on a stable machine (note that fai-bootcd breaks, though).

- Paul