FAI release 2.5.2

Dylan Vaughn dylan at dcvaughn.com
Wed Jan 21 08:34:34 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 02:39, Max Lovius wrote:
> "VFS: Cannot open root device "hda1" or 03:01"
> "Please append a correct "root=" boot option"
> "Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:01"
>
> Would that be simuler to your problems? If so, Did you try Sarge, as I am
> having the same on Sarge!

hey max - no, i haven't tried it on sarge - the problem i was getting
looked a little different - there weren't any device names or anything
like that.  i was only able to see / diagnose the problem after putting:
FAI_FLAGS="createvt sshd verbose"

into fai.conf and then looking at the /tmp/fai/error.log at the end of
the install process on a client.  i think my particular problem was in
the shell.log file, tho they all get cat'ed together at the end into
error.log.

dylan