FAI release 2.5.2

Dylan Vaughn dylan at dcvaughn.com
Mon Jan 19 16:12:53 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 02:45, Thomas Lange wrote:

> Yes, this is right. It's not a bug, but also not really perfect. Just
> change 2.4.22 in fai.conf to 2.4.20 and everything works.

Related to this, I also found that if you're doing a stock woody install
using the latest FAI packages (fai and fai-kernels) the install will
fail somewhat mysteriously, getting through the install only to have the
client unable to reboot afterwards.  Seems that the updated kernel to be
installed on the clients (2.4.22) requires a version of initrd-tools
that is only in Sarge or on backports.org.  When I put:

deb http://www.backports.org/debian stable initrd-tools

into FAI_SOURCES_LIST at /etc/fai/fai.conf everything worked fine.

thanks,

dylan