Problem creating sarge nfsroot

Wed Dec 22 11:45:53 CET 2004

    > Hi all,
    > I'm just doing my first steps through FAI. My setup uses an apt-proxy instead
    > of a mirror. I think it should work. The install server is running woody. I
    > just installed the latest FAI for sarge clients (2.6.5).

    > When running fai-setup, it stops there:

    > Creating nfsroot for sarge using debootstrap
    > E: Couldn't download console-tools-libs
    > chroot: cannot execute apt-get: No such file or directory
You need to install the newest debootstrap package on your install
server. Since you are using an old debootstrap version, it contains a
wrong package list for building a sarge chroot environment.

Use apt-get source to get the deboostrap sources from sarge, then
rebuild the package on your woody system. There are some mails
converning this topic in the fai mailling list archive.

http://www.uni-koeln.de/bin2/maillist/linux-fai/20040824.193057/166401
http://www.uni-koeln.de/bin2/maillist/linux-fai/20040719.122106/166401