Success!...well sort of..

Paul English tallpaul at speakeasy.org
Mon Dec 13 20:29:48 CET 2004

Thanks to some tips from the list, I've beaten my TFTP problem, and now
the machine boots up, installs and then doesn't boot the next time around.

I set up my first test client using the example scripts (the "demo" class
to be specific), so that may be my downfall here. I figured that once I
got the networking issues worked out I could figure out exactly what setup
I wanted the client to have.

It looks like this class is set up to use GRUB (0.91 with this release),
and the boot screen looks like:

Booting Debian GNU/Linux
root
(hd0,0) Filesystem type is ext2fs, partition type is 0x83
kernel root=/dev/hda1
Error: Filename must either be an absolute pathname or blocklist

According to the class file, grub is set to install in the MBR. The system
*does* have an IDE disk - in fact I watched the partitioning process and
and it seemed to work fine.

Any tips?

Paul