more than 2TB?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Tue Dec 7 19:01:12 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to install Debian using FAI on a system equipped with a Very
Large (>2TB) RAID array.
The install kernel doesn't take notice of the device because
- it contains the 1st version of the 3w-9xxx driver
- it probably hasn't LBD support configured properly
so I will have to postpone configuration of the device to the first
reboot of the "real" kernel (which is built with LBD and 3w-9xxx).
Unfortunately, neither fdisk nor sfdisk has been built with LBD support.
Should I consider missing LBD support a bug of Debian packages (and
consequently file a bug), or am I missing something? Is there a *fdisk
utility that can handle large block devices out of the box, and can be
driven by a small script (fdisk isn't optimal to do this...)?

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * * * Merlin cluster admin (http://pandora.aei.mpg.de)