apt-get

Dr. F. Lee rl201 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 25 12:11:06 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I've run into some problems using install_packages recently. apt-get -y
--force-yes --fix-missing install PACKAGE1 PACKAGE2 .. PACKAGEN processess
just 'stop'. I think they're waiting to read STDIN: if I run the command
from the bash prompt it works. If I run nohup apt-get ... & from the bash
prompt it starts and then tells me that the job has stopped. If I add
</dev/null to the line in install_packages which runs apt-get install, then
the packages are installed correctly.

Has anyone else seen such an effect? Should install_packages be adapted or
is there a better solution?

Thanks,

Frank