memory requirements / low mem installs

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Wed Aug 11 15:32:55 CEST 2004

Hi,

after doing some installs twice and getting different results I found
that dpkg-query had been killed by the VM.
This is probably related to the quite large number of packages I was
trying to install (although it happened in script default/S01 when
installing the kernel).
There's no indication for memory requirements in the Fai Guide (or I
missed it again).
Is there a way to limit memory consumption somewhat to get reproducible
results?

Cheers,
 Steffen

--