Problem when using fai (2.5.4 and 2.6) and verbose option

Benjamin Constant benjamin at netxistenz.com
Mon Aug 2 11:31:21 CEST 2004

It seems related to this problem :

<cut>

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install a computer with the fai 2.5.5beta, everything is
> running well till the end of the install_packages script which seem to
> freeze...
>
> Here is the last commands I can see :
>
> /usr/sbin/install_packages: is executing chroot /tmp/target apt-get clean
> /usr/sbin/install_packages: is executing chroot /tmp/target apt-get clean
> /usr/sbin/install_packages: is executing chroot /tmp/target apt-get clean

>Hi,

>This is an old bug which frequently happens to me as well (using fai
2.4.1). It has something to do with the huge list of packages being sent
to apt-get, which clogs it up somehow. You can make the install continue
by killing off one of the "tee"s that is running (ps aux | grep tee).
This doesn't make the installation very automatic, though... A better
solution is to split the package list into smaller chunks (IIRC Thomas
has added support for this). Maybe I should upgrade too :->

>Regards,
>Ludwig Schwardt

</cut>