Any ideas??

Erik Rossen rossen at freesurf.ch
Thu Apr 29 22:20:27 CEST 2004

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 03:32:09PM +0000, Justin wrote:
> Thanks to many suggestions from this list, we had a great FAI setup
> working.  Today I went into the fai.conf in order to specify a new root
> password.  Somehow, I managed to break FAI though.  All I did was update
> the fai.conf, then run make-fai-nfsroot.  I didn't see anything that
> seemed out of the ordinary, but I have attached my output to this email.
>  The problem is that when it gets to 06hwdetect.source, it says :
> discover: unrecognized option '--module'
>
> From there it just goes downhill.  It cannot detect the right kind of
> harddrive, then it dies when it doesn't know what to partition.  Has
> anyone else experienced this problem, or know how to fix it.
>
> THanks,
> Justin Beckley

> Creating FAI nfsroot can take a long time and will
> need more than 160MB disk space in /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot.
> /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot already exists. Removing /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot
> Creating nfsroot for sarge using debootstrap
...snip...

You are trying to build a nfsroot for sarge, probably with woody's
version of debootstrap which has a really out-of-date sarge script in
it.  In addition, the 06hwdetect.source script from FAI only works with
woody's version of discover, not later (the "--module" option was
dropped).

If sarge is what you really want, you might find it easier to set up a
FAI install server that is running sarge.

--
Erik Rossen                          ^    OpenPGP key: 2935D0B9
rossen at freesurf.ch                  /e\   "Use GnuPG, see the