Failed to fetch ...

Niall Young niall at chime.net.au
Tue Apr 27 02:31:56 CEST 2004

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, [iso-8859-1] Étienne Labaume wrote:

> Failed to fetch http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/binary-i386/Packages
> Could not connect to ftp.fr.debian.org:80 (212.27.32.66), connection timed out
>
> I think that's because my machine is behind a proxy. But the problem is
> debootstrap and apt are already configured to use the proxy, and are working
> perfectly on this machine.

You'll need to modify your FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP and FAI_SOURCES_LIST in
/etc/fai-bootcd/fai.conf  Get FAI itself working first and you shouldn't
have any problems with fai-bootcd.

Niall Young                                    Chime Communications Pty Ltd
niall at chime.net.au                            Level 6, 263 Adelaide Terrace
Ph: (+61) 08 9213 1330 / 0408 192 797         Perth, Western Australia 6000

    "I was trying to kill a level 5 lumberjack in the MUD I play"
                                        -- Travis Read, August 2003