Failed to fetch ...

Étienne Labaume etienne.lab at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 23 18:07:12 CEST 2004

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to use fai and fai-bootcd, but something goes wrong when
fetching the items in the "sources.list". fai-setup and make-fai-bootcd
both stop with errors like:

Failed to fetch http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/binary-i386/Packages
Could not connect to ftp.fr.debian.org:80 (212.27.32.66), connection timed out

I think that's because my machine is behind a proxy. But the problem is
debootstrap and apt are already configured to use the proxy, and are working
perfectly on this machine.

Did I miss something ? Where did I go wrong ?

Thanks for your interest in my question.

PS: I'm using Debian Woody, and the fai package coming with it (2.3.1).

--
Tinou