Packages not installed

Jeroen Akershoek jeroena at sara.nl
Thu Apr 22 08:00:24 CEST 2004

Hello,

I'm struggling with a strange thing with FAI. It seems that certain packages or combinations thereof break a FAI installation. The packagees do get downloaded, but never get unpacked or setup. Is this a problem with the packages, or something I'm doing wrong with my FAI? I'm doing nothing fancy, just some 'PACKAGES install' files and some scripts afterwards for configuration.

I haven't been able to figure out which combinations do the actual breaking. My current package-list that I'm testing with isn't installing everything, but at least boots. If I add something (gnome-common for example) lilo isn't installed and the machine won't boot after installation.

I am using FAI 2.5.4, dhcp3 and a fai-bootcd with custom kernel and using the testing distribution

Kind regards,
 Jeroen

--
Jeroen Akershoek
SARA Computing and Network Services

Quemadmodum possums scire utrum vere simus an solum sentiamus nos esse?