making the system bootable after installation

Mon Sep 29 10:58:34 CEST 2003

    > Hi all.  I'm very new to FAI, having only first touched it
    > yesterday.  I'm trying to get a simple installation done, based
    > on the demohost configuration that's included in the FAI
    > examples.  It seems to mostly be working except for the fact
    > that I can't get FAI to install LILO or grub after install.
Any errors seen in the log files?

    > I'm using PXE to boot the installation system.  It proceeds in a

    > of all, I want it to configure LILO or grub to boot locally.  It
Oooh. So you have to change your BIOS settings by hand, to boot from
ocal disk and not from network card.

    > in the class/demo file in the fai examples.  But as far as I can
    > tell, grub is never actually getting installed at all.  The mbr
Try verbose and debug mode to seen which commands are executed in
scripts/BOOT. You can also add the line

set -xv

to the BOOT script to enable debugging mode.