ssh problems

Ronan.Keryell at enst-bretagne.fr Ronan.Keryell at enst-bretagne.fr
Wed Sep 24 22:38:57 CEST 2003

    Paul> Hello, I've got FAI mostly running under woody, but the copying
    Paul> of logfiles via ssh is giving me trouble.  On my server I can
    Paul> chroot /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot and then ssh fai at server without a
    Paul> password, no problem. But when I boot up a new install client
    Paul> (via bootfloppy), I get: The authenticity of host '...' can't be
    Paul> established.  RSA fingerprint is ...  Are you sure you want to
    Paul> continue connecting (yes/no)? yes Failed to add the host to the
    Paul> list of known hosts (/root/.ssh/known_hosts).  fai at ...'s
    Paul> password:

    Paul> If I put in 'yes' and the password, then it works, but this is
    Paul> clearly non optimal :)

Well, it is against unemployment... :-)

It is hard to say without the complete message. What is import is just in
the '...' you've deleted.

As said by the message, the host name of the server is not found (exactly)
in the /root/.ssh/known_hosts. Is it really at the beginning of a line of
this file ? It could be a different name because you are using a different
interface and IP adress for the server, or that it is now the FQDN instead of the
short name or the opposite, or...

Anyway, just adding the expected lacking line in
/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/root/.ssh/known_hosts should do the trick.
--
  Ronan KERYELL               |\/  Tel:    (+33|0) 2.29.00.14.15
  Labo Informatique & Télécom |/)  Fax:    (+33|0) 2.29.00.12.82
  F-29238 PLOUZANÉ CEDEX      |\   E-mail: rk at enstb.org
  FRANCE                      | \  http://www.lit.enstb.org/~keryell