ssh problems

Jacob Weismann Poulsen jwp at dmi.dk
Wed Sep 24 17:06:49 CEST 2003

* Paul Jimenez <pj at place.org> [2003-09-24 16:52]:

> Hello, I've got FAI mostly running under woody, but
> the copying of logfiles via ssh is giving me trouble.
> On my server I can chroot /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot and then
> ssh fai at server without a password, no problem. But when
> I boot up a new install client (via bootfloppy), I
> get:
>  The authenticity of host '...' can't be established.
>  RSA fingerprint is ...
>  Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
>  Failed to add the host to the list of known hosts (/root/.ssh/known_hosts).
>  fai at ...'s password:

I assume you wish to copy files (as root) from the client to the
server. This requires that you add the public host key
from your server (/etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub) into
the list of known hosts on roots account on the nfsroot, i.e.
into nfsroot:/root/.ssh/known_hosts

Jacob

--
<jwp at dmi.dk>
Fingerprint: 9315 DC43 D2E4 4F70 3AA8  F8F0 9DA0 B765 F5C8 7D26