make-fai-nfsroot -v error message

Eoin Ryan eoin.ryan at ul.ie
Tue Sep 16 12:57:52 CEST 2003

Hi All,

My previous mail seems to have split into two problem subjects so I thought I'd post
this message as a new thread.

I did "make-fai-nfsroot -v" as suggested by one of the responders.
Everything proceeded normally until it comes to setting up dhcp3-client
and I get the following error:

etc

Setting up cfengine (1.6.4-0woody1) ...

Setting up libnet-perl (1.09.01-1) ...

 dhcp3-client
 Removing `diversion of /sbin/discover to /sbin/discover.distrib by fai'

And this is the error I get if I do a fai-setup.  It fails at the same
point but gives a different message:

Configuration file `/etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf'
 ==> File on system created by you or by a script.
 ==> File also in package provided by package maintainer.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      D     : show the differences between the versions
      Z     : background this process to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** dhclient.conf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? dpkg: error processing
dhcp3-client (--configure):
 EOF on stdin at conffile prompt
 dhcp3-client

Regards,