FAI_ACTION always set to "sysinfo" for demohost

Kai Schindelka ks at zadi.de
Fri Oct 31 16:39:47 CET 2003

   Hello Geert, hello @ all;

 > > However, when demohost boots via PXE, it always ends up with
 > > FAI_ACTION set to "sysinfo".
[...]
> > Do I have overlooked something?
>
> Probably.
>
> A FAI client does three times a BOOTP request.
[...]
 > Yes, I known that you use DHCP and that I talk about BOOTP

Got it; thanks for the hint.

The installation seems to have been a mixture between BOOTP and DHCP
usage indeed; reinstalling from scratch resolved all problems. (This
happened to be abandoned playground, until now.)

I have encountered oddities, though. The dhcp3-server package has a bug
in the postrm script, and purging fai leaves FAI specific directories
behind. I will report on that later.

--
Bye; Kai