AW: problems using fai-bootcd

Niall Young niall at chime.net.au
Wed Oct 29 04:21:48 CET 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Thomas Wuppermann wrote:

> The error "fai_bootcd_0.2 loading, syslogd: Couldn't get file descriptor for socket /dev/log: Address family not supported"
> is fixed, but still the boot from fai-bootcd stopped with:
>
> -----snip--------------------------------
> Freeing initrd memory: 475k freed
> VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
>
> fai_bootcd_0.2 loading, searching for CD ....
> trying to locate cdrom:
>
> what did I wrong? (Or do I have to tell it where cdrom ist? and if so, where ist it?)

What type of cdrom do you have, and is it compiled into the kernel or as
a module?

Niall Young                                    Chime Communications Pty Ltd
niall at chime.net.au                            Level 6, 263 Adelaide Terrace
Ph: (+61) 08 9213 1330 / 0408 192 797         Perth, Western Australia 6000

    "Are you a parent who would like to involve your kids in an iiNsanity
    event?"
                                        -- Jodie Evans, Mar 2003