Release file and Packages(!.gz)

W. Borgert debacle at debian.org
Tue Oct 28 18:19:58 CET 2003

Hello,

if I use apt-move to create a package repository, something
in FAI (what?) is complaining about an invalid Release file.
apt-move creates the Packages.gz and the Release files, but
no Packages (without .gz!) file.  If I create the Packages
file and re-create the Release file with a self-made script,
everything works fine.  Where exactly is the problem?  Is it
only the missing 'Packages' file or are there other known
problems with the Release file?  Also, I would prefer working
without too many hand-crafted scripts :-)

Cheers, WB